Women and Children's Programs
Center Point, Inc.’s (CPI) offers an innovative, gender-responsive, trauma informed Women and Children’s Programs, which provide a comprehensive array of services.
These programs are designed for women with kids who face homelessness, unemployment, trauma, abuse, domestic violence, criminal behavior, mental health, and substance use disorders.
CPI’s Women and Children’s programs currently serve over 120 mothers, infants and children each year. A few programs characteristics can be seen as follow:
- For pregnant women and women with children of up to 6 years in California.
- The families will reside in family-style units for 3 to 6 months;
- And subsequently the families will reside in specialized transitional housing for up to 24 months.
Above all, women who graduated the program have achieved a remarkable success, such as:
- 70% of the women remained employed and reunited with their families as a result of the program completion;
- over 90% remained abstinent and free of child welfare involvement;
- over half had regained custody of their minor children;
- and more than 85% were employed and had secured stable housing.
In September 2002, CPI expanded women and children’s treatment services to include gender-responsive outpatient services in Marin, consequently creating a more comprehensive continuum of care.